The Important Elements of Logo Design
Logos are vital for an organization’s prosperity. Even though a logo is just a visual depiction of a brand, yet it has the power to back the marketing of that brand in the most compelling way. Well-designed logos not only pass on a ton about the organization (conveying what a business does, what makes it unique, and what it stands for) but they even inspire feelings in clients – strengthening why the brand matters to them and how it affects them.
Now that looks like a lot, right? So how would you crush all this information in a little graphic? The answer is- with proper planning. Endeavoring to make one logo that successfully fills in as a visual depiction of a whole brand is a challenge in itself.
Luckily, there are some core values and elements that we know of. So, we can assist you in building up a logo that exemplifies the genuineness of your brand.
Always remember this mantra, which is- Make it Smart!
SMART- Simple, Memorable, Authentic, Relevant, Timeless
- Simple- Excessively stuffed and perplexed logos do not convey the brand’s message effectively, and they often end up leaving the audience feeling confused. So, when it comes to the logo, simplicity is the key. Professionalism is not about complexity but planning. Plan out everything, and then incorporate what serves your purpose.
- Memorable- So the first step suggests keeping a logo simple and it is an extraordinary initial step to begin with. It helps your audience to remember the essential components of your logo even from a pretty fleeting glance. The first thing that a logo should reflect is the designer’s intent. Do not make it complex and leave it on the viewer to pick up whatever he notices, rather work out everything to show him that you wish to be recognized. On the off chance, if you make your logo excessively intricate, it will become complicated to comprehend, and the viewer will fail to memorize it. Understanding your audience and then deciding the message and tone you need to pass on to them is an advised move to create a powerful statement via your logo.
- Authentic- Researching different logos for motivation is an extraordinary thought and more or less, everyone out there is doing it. But keep in mind- to not plan your logo in a way that it looks a lot like all the other logos out there. Your logo should be unique, authentic so that you do not get mistaken for another brand.
- Relevant- Logo represents your brand so it ought to send a reasonable message about what your brand offers. A relevant logo focuses on your audience and that is why it connects to them. Each color that you use invokes a particular emotion, so, whatever is it that you wish to summon in your audience, choose wisely! And not just color, each element you incorporate, should not be used with an intent to generate a cool logo but it should be thoughtful enough to stir a particular emotion and convey the desired message.
- Timeless– A logo is going to represent your business and your business is supposed to thrive so your logo should not get affected by the passage of time.
So, dear readers, keep the above-stated points in mind, and your logo will speak not only for itself but for your brand too!